Re: pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt like.c like_match.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt like.c like_match.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
>> Shouldn't it be like.o to like_match.c?

> Technically yes, but since it's an #included file you don't need it at all
> if all you want is to get it to compile.  For complete dependencies it's
> --enable-depend and this one will be included automatically.

Sure, but there are a few dependencies that seem important enough to
hard-wire into the Makefiles, so that they'll be honored even if you
don't do --enable-depend.  backend/parser has some, for example.
This one seemed to me to be of that ilk.  I expect to have to be careful
if I hack .h files without having enabled dependencies ... but one
normally doesn't need to think about that for .c files.

            regards, tom lane