Re: pgsql: Add isolation tests for DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add isolation tests for DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 18 October 2012 14:49, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Please revert, until we have patches in place that make these
>> tests pass.

> This was supposed to be two patches in quick succession, one to show
> the bug and one to fix it, but another problem delayed the second
> commit.

FWIW, a reasonable way to handle that would have been to make two
(or more) commits locally, but not push until the final state was good.
Pushing known-broken code is an extremely unfriendly thing to do.

            regards, tom lane