Re: More Snow Leopard fun: multiarch problems while building plperl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More Snow Leopard fun: multiarch problems while building plperl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On mån, 2009-09-07 at 23:13 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... it seems to me that it's a pretty bad idea to have this switch
>> collection trying to override the arch(es) that Postgres is actually
>> being built for.  Does anyone have an opinion about that pro or con?
>> Anybody have an idea about a simple way to get rid of those switches?

> perl_embed_ldflags is currently the difference of
> perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts
> minus
> perl -MConfig -e 'print $Config{ccdlflags}'
> In that spirit, the answer would be to find something else in ExtUtils
> or Config that we can remove from ldopts.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing in Config that exposes just the
-arch switches without any other stuff.  I'm inclined to go with Jan
Otto's solution of sed'ing out those switches by name.  It's a bit ugly
but should be safe.

BTW, I realized that the same problem exists already on OS X 10.5;
you can see it in buildfarm member korat's results, for instance.
10.5 seems to just use "-arch ppc -arch i386", but that's still more
than you want if you're not building PG as a universal binary.