Re: More Snow Leopard fun: multiarch problems while building plperl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: More Snow Leopard fun: multiarch problems while building plperl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2009-09-07 at 23:13 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Anyway, the long and the short of it is that we are extracting this
> value for perl_embed_ldflags:
>
> perl_embed_ldflags      =  -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -arch ppc
> -L/usr/local/lib
> -L/System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE -lperl
> -ldl -lm -lutil -lc
>
> and it seems to me that it's a pretty bad idea to have this switch
> collection trying to override the arch(es) that Postgres is actually
> being built for.  Does anyone have an opinion about that pro or con?
> Anybody have an idea about a simple way to get rid of those switches?

perl_embed_ldflags is currently the difference of

perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts

minus

perl -MConfig -e 'print $Config{ccdlflags}'

In that spirit, the answer would be to find something else in ExtUtils
or Config that we can remove from ldopts.

The list of all candidates can be obtained by

perl -e 'use Config qw(config_sh); print config_sh;'