Re: pgsql 7.4 on minimal environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql 7.4 on minimal environment
Date
List pgsql-general
"Victor B. Berdin" <vic@digi.com.ph> writes:
> I'm sure you've caugth my last message as I was too hasty to post my
> replies right away. Anyways, it turned out that the only cause of my
> problem is that I 've applied "upx" on the binaries.

Even more specifically, it sounds like the problem was with applying
"upx" to things that weren't binaries but shell scripts.

I don't know what upx is supposed to do, but one would think that if
it's a tool for modifying binaries, it should have enough smarts to not
mangle files that are not binaries.  Perhaps you should file a bug
report with the upx developers.

            regards, tom lane