Re: float8 errors in HEAD... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: float8 errors in HEAD...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> I'm not sure if the regression tests haven't been updated or if
> there's a change, but I'm getting this on a recent FreeBSD machine
> with gcc 3.2.2.  Any ideas?  -sc

Apparently your machine now matches the "standard" float8.out.

Do you know how to tell the difference between what you have and
the freebsd releases that produce the small-is-zero results?

If we don't know how to distinguish them, the only fallback I can
see is to treat the small-is-zero case as a locale variant, which
would mean we'd accept it as legitimate behavior on any platform.
I'd rather not do that...

            regards, tom lane