Re: float8 errors in HEAD... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: float8 errors in HEAD...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> > I'm not sure if the regression tests haven't been updated or if
> > there's a change, but I'm getting this on a recent FreeBSD machine
> > with gcc 3.2.2.  Any ideas?  -sc
>
> Apparently your machine now matches the "standard" float8.out.

*nods* The old routines were pretty old and gcc 2.95.4 produced broken
code for anything higher than -O0.  :( The newer routines were
recently imported and work properly, however, resulting in the lack of
brokenness.

http://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/fp/

> Do you know how to tell the difference between what you have and the
> freebsd releases that produce the small-is-zero results?

I don't know in what context you're talking about detecting this, but,
how's this?

#ifdef __FreeBSD_version > 500112
/* Working strtod() */
#else