Re: postgresql v7.1.3 bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql v7.1.3 bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"pierre" <cti848@www.textilenet.org.tw> writes:
>     I make postgres 7.1.3 version in my linux system with --enable-multibyt=
> e=3DEUC_TW, but=20

>     I got some problem when I exec sql command below,  in chinese character=
>  (CName ~* '=A6|'')  the chicode is 0xA67C  -> 0x7c is ascii '|" , I guess =
> you system reject '|' this byte, but it was Big5 Code 2nd byte , How can I =
> avoid this proble??

> SELECT * FROM ifabinstn Where((CName ~* '=A6|') OR FALSE) ORDER BY CName

> Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: Invalid regular expression: empty =
> expression or subexpression in DB/pgsql.php on line 163
> ERROR: Invalid regular expression: empty expression or subexpression=20

I am thinking that p_ere's local "char c" (regcomp.c, about line 304 in
current sources) should have been declared "pg_wchar c".  Tatsuo, what
do you think?  Are there any other places in this file where char should
be pg_wchar?

            regards, tom lane