postgresql v7.1.3 bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pierre
Subject postgresql v7.1.3 bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Sir,

    How are you. I need you help!

    I make postgres 7.1.3 version in my linux system with --enable-multibyt=
e=3DEUC_TW, but=20

    I got some problem when I exec sql command below,  in chinese character=
 (CName ~* '=A6|'')  the chicode is 0xA67C  -> 0x7c is ascii '|" , I guess =
you system reject '|' this byte, but it was Big5 Code 2nd byte , How can I =
avoid this proble??

SELECT * FROM ifabinstn Where((CName ~* '=A6|') OR FALSE) ORDER BY CName

Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: Invalid regular expression: empty =
expression or subexpression in DB/pgsql.php on line 163
ERROR: Invalid regular expression: empty expression or subexpression=20

would you give some advise to solve this problem??

Thank you very much

Best Rgds.
Pierre Ho