Re: \dt doesn't show all relations in user's schemas (8.4.2) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: \dt doesn't show all relations in user's schemas (8.4.2)
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
> On Monday 21 December 2009 5:17:49 pm Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> Ahh, right, it's about visibility.  Hadn't caught that part.

> I think that is where the biggest misunderstanding lies.

On looking at the page some more, it strikes me that part of the problem
is that the info is buried at the bottom of the "Patterns" section,
below some extremely geeky details that few people would care about.
People probably stop reading before they even see it, let alone figure
out what "visible" means.

I wonder how we can rearrange this?  I think the reasoning was that the
second through fourth paras explain the pattern language, and the
explanation about * and *.* doesn't make sense until you've read that.
We could just swap the fourth and fifth paras but that would break up
the pattern language definition in a strange way.  Any ideas?

            regards, tom lane