Re: new compiler warnings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: new compiler warnings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On ons, 2011-01-26 at 06:33 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I recently started getting these:
>>
>> plpython.c: In function ‘PLy_output’:
>> plpython.c:3468: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
>> plpython.c: In function ‘PLy_elog’:
>> plpython.c:3620: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
>> plpython.c:3627: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
>>
>> Please fix.

> Which version of which compiler is showing this?

I've been seeing that for some time with gcc 2.95.3, so it's not exactly
a new issue.  I've not seen it with modern versions, but I'm not sure
why not.  What it's unhappy about is the "errhint(hint)" calls, which
I agree with it are dangerous on their face.  Maybe you're 100% sure the
hint strings will never contain percent marks, but I'm not.