Re: DST failing on 8.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DST failing on 8.1.3
Date
Re: DST failing on 8.1.3  (Jaime Silvela <JSilvela@Bear.com>)
List pgsql-general
Jaime Silvela <JSilvela@bear.com> writes:
> I looked for those timezone files, and they're missing on my production
> installation. Probably the upgrade from 7.* to 8.1 was a quick&dirty one.
> I don't even have a 'timezone' folder in the share directory.

Oh, that's your problem then --- 'EST5EDT' is being taken as a Posix
spec for lack of any matching file.

> Would it
> be dangerous to add one until I can upgrade the production installation?

Should work to just copy over the timezone directory tree from a correct
installation on the same machine architecture (I can't recall right now
if the file format is machine-dependent or not).  You might have to
restart the postmaster too, before it starts behaving entirely sanely.

            regards, tom lane