Re: DST failing on 8.1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: DST failing on 8.1.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 14, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Should work to just copy over the timezone directory tree from a
> correct
> installation on the same machine architecture (I can't recall right
> now
> if the file format is machine-dependent or not).  You might have to
> restart the postmaster too, before it starts behaving entirely sanely.

The compiled zone info files are compatible across time and space.

I just copied the correct US Eastern time zone file from an amd64
FreeBSD 6.1 system onto a NSLU2 running a hacked embedded linux using
an arm chip (I use it as an NFS file server) and it did the right thing.

Attachment