Re: Parsing of backslash in statements via ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Parsing of backslash in statements via ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
"aboster" <aboster@at-sd.com> writes:
> Since MS-SQL & Oracle (both via ODBC) work fine with this app, I would
> suspect the issue is that Postgres is interpreting backslashes as escape
> characters in situations that the supported databases do not.

Postgres definitely considers backslashes to be escape characters in
string literals.

> Has anyone run across something like this, and if so, can anything be done
> given that we don't have the source code of the application in question?

Without the app source code you may be kinda stuck :-(.  It's possible
that you could hack something at the ODBC level, though.  Try asking on
the pgsql-odbc list.

            regards, tom lane