Re: Disable unix-domain sockets? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Disable unix-domain sockets?
Date
List pgsql-general
Murray Cumming <murrayc@murrayc.com> writes:
> I hoped that if I didn't use "local" in my pg_hba.conf file, instead
> using just "host", then postgresql might not allow unix socket
> connections at all, so it wouldn't need to create that .lock file.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

> But postgres still tries to create the .lock file, failing here on
> Fedora because it defaults not to /tmp but to /var/run/postgresql, which
> the local user can't write to.

If you are using a version that defaults to /var/run/postgresql, then
it is new enough to have the unix_socket_directories parameter.  Setting
that to empty should do the trick.  pg_hba.conf is not the place to
configure which ports/sockets PG listens on.

            regards, tom lane