Re: Cannot start the postgres service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitesh51
Subject Re: Cannot start the postgres service
Date
List pgsql-general
Let me clarify bit more so I can do thing in proper manner...

I take base backup(full).

at fixed interval I need to take incremental backup and for that...

I use following commands.

psql -U postgres -c "select pg_switch_xlog()"

psql -U postgres -c "SELECT pg_stop_backup()"

after that the WAL file(s) is/are archived & I consider that file as a file
which will be used for backup along with all files exist in the pg_xlog dir.

same approach is mentioned in the
http://www.mkyong.com/database/postgresql-point-in-time-recovery-incremental-backup/

Am I doing things properly??

I know how to restore data from the full backup but havn't done anything to
restore data from the WAL files...Hopefully I will find the way...If u can
emphasize somewhere then it will be a gr8 help :)

Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere :)