Re: NLS on MSVC strikes back! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NLS on MSVC strikes back!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Nov 24 2006 this was committed dor src/backend/utils/adt/formatting.c:

> r 1.114: Fix to_char() locale handling to honor LC_TIME, not LC_MESSAGES.

> A few hours later it was supposedly reverted: r 1.115: Revert (too late
> in beta): Fix to_char() locale handling to honor LC_TIME, not LC_MESSAGES.

> Apparently this was never returned to (it should probably have been put
> on the patches hold queue).

to_char's month/day name localization is implemented with gettext() not
strftime(), which is why it depends on LC_MESSAGES not LC_TIME.  I seem
to recall that we didn't like the side-effects of the patch you are
mentioning, and so it ended up being rejected outright.