Re: pgcrypto 3des failure, OpenSSL 0.9.8, Solaris 9/sparc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgcrypto 3des failure, OpenSSL 0.9.8, Solaris 9/sparc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> I see 2 variants:

> 1) put @with_openssl@ and @with_zlib@ variables into
>    contrib/pgcrypto/Makefile.in and let configure process it.
> 2) put them in some other makefile fragment under src/
>    and let pgcrypto include it.

> First I did the simple thing and put them into Makefile.global.in,
> but this does not work, as it needs to be included _after_ all
> module variables are set.  So 2) needs a new file.

Hm ... libpq manages to build code that requires openssl without
needing a generated Makefile, so why do we need it here?

I'd prefer #1 of these two, but seeing that no other contrib module
has a Makefile.in, not having to do either would be even better.
This is particularly true if you aren't going to completely eliminate
the hand-configuration options in the Makefile, because having to edit
a generated Makefile or having to edit Makefile.in and then remember
to reconfigure both suck.