Re: create index regression fail - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: create index regression fail
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> the query where the regression fails is:

> SELECT count(*) FROM dupindexcols
>   WHERE f1 > 'LX' and id < 1000 and f1 ~<~ 'YX';

> my first theory was that it was because some locale because mine is
> es_EC.UTF-8 but the content of the table doesn't justify that,

[ experiments... ]  Looks like you're wrong about that.  In ec_EC locale
on my machine, the test accepts these rows that are not accepted in C
locale:
 223 | LLKAAA 738 | LLEAAA

I'll change the lower bound to 'MA' and see if that's any more portable.