Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> For MSVC, here's a patch that makes gendef.pl emit DATA annotations for
> global var exports.

Committed.

> Also attached is a patch to make vcregress.pl produce a better error
> message when there's no build output, instead of just reporting that
> ".. is not a recognized internal or external command, operable program,
> or batch file"

I would've committed this, but I'm a bit hesitant about this part:

+ use 5.10.1;

Are we moving the goalposts on the Perl version needed, and if so how
far?  I didn't question the "use 5.8.0" you added to gendef.pl, but
it disturbs me that this isn't the same.