Re: FATAL: database "a/system_data" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL: database "a/system_data" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> On 05/15/2013 05:45 AM, sumita wrote:
>> Also,so far I have unable to find out which process is invoking this query.
>> I do see the process id in the logs  but I am unable to see this process id
>> in pg_stat_activity table..

> Actually a\system_data is not part of a query but is in the connection
> string. You will not find it in pg_stat_activity because the connection
> never successfully completes. From your previous post the connection is
> coming from 127.0.0.1(localhost) if that helps.

Yeah.  The log_connection data that you already have is pretty much
everything that Postgres knows about where this problem is coming from,
because the session terminates as soon as this error is discovered.

> See above. You may need to grep your scripts/programs for the string, if
> that is possible.

I'm jumping to a conclusion here, but: I'm suspicious that the cause is
a malformed JDBC-style connection URL, made by some program that thinks
a schema name could be part of the URL.  (Perhaps there are other DBMSes
where it actually can be done that way.)

            regards, tom lane