Re: FATAL: database "a/system_data" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: FATAL: database "a/system_data" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/15/2013 05:45 AM, sumita wrote:
> The database name is "a" and the "system_data" appears within the Schemas.
>
> When I list the database from psql, I get following report
>   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |   Access
> privileg
> es
> -----------+----------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------
> -----
>   a    | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
>   postgres  | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
>   template0 | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres
>      +
>             |          |          |             |             |
> postgres=CTc/post
> gres
>   template1 | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
> postgres=CTc/post
> gres+
>             |          |          |             |             | =c/postgres
>

> Also, You are correct , the database name should have been "a" rather than
> "a\system_data" in the query shown in the logs. system_data is the schema
> within database "a".
> There is no empty space put in, I verified.
>
> Also,so far I have unable to find out which process is invoking this query.
> I do see the process id in the logs  but I am unable to see this process id
> in pg_stat_activity table..

Actually a\system_data is not part of a query but is in the connection
string. You will not find it in pg_stat_activity because the connection
never successfully completes. From your previous post the connection is
coming from 127.0.0.1(localhost) if that helps.

> Neither can I see any data with datname a\system_data in pg_stat_activity..
> Is there any way , I can deduce which process is invoking this query,

See above. You may need to grep your scripts/programs for the string, if
that is possible.