Re: Debugging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Debugging
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ian Harding" <iharding@tpchd.org> writes:
> Is there any way to debug a procedural language shared library when you can't createlang?

Hmm.  I would bet on this being an abort() inside the dynamic linker.
It's annoying that it doesn't say anything beforehand :-( ... you are
capturing postmaster stdout/stderr here, right, not anything more
filtered such as syslog output?

You might possibly be able to learn something by getting a stack trace
from the core dump that this should be generating.  (If you don't see
one then you need to fool with your ulimit settings.)

What PG version is this exactly, and on what platform?

            regards, tom lane