Re: pgsql: Support FETCH FIRST WITH TIES - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Support FETCH FIRST WITH TIES
Date
List pgsql-committers
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:28 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> Support FETCH FIRST WITH TIES

> FTR I now get the following when compiling with -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Werror:

Yeah, assorted buildfarm animals are mentioning that too.  I wonder
if we should add that to the default warning options selected by
configure?  I don't remember if that's been discussed before.

> It seems that this fall-through comment:
>                         /* fall-through */
> Is not recognized by my compiler (gcc (Gentoo 9.3.0 p1) 9.3.0).    If
> that's something we should fix, PFA a naive patch for that.

Hmm, I feel like this logic is baroque enough to need more of a rewrite
than that :-(.  But not sure exactly what would be better, so your
patch seems reasonable for now.  The comments could use some help too.

            regards, tom lane