Re: Can't import databases with pg_dump. Why? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't import databases with pg_dump. Why?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Antonio G. - Geotronix" <nightnavigator@libero.it> writes:
> Obviuosly there are no relations in the database because the import
> failed somewhere and I can't figure out where. I'm not getting any deubg
> info from /var/log/postgresql.log even though I've set:

> debug_level = 1
> debug_print_query = on
> log_connections = on
> log_pid = on
> log_timestamp = on
> syslog = 2

Doesn't syslog = 2 mean "send output only to syslog"?

> in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf. The only info I get form the log file
> are 2 lines:

> FindExec: found "/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
> FindExec: found "/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster" using argv[0]

These messages are (erroneously) printed on stderr always.  But
everything interesting goes to elog, which you've directed to syslog.
Look in your syslog log file.

            regards, tom lane