Re: 7.3B2 initdb fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3B2 initdb fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Nic Ferrier <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk> writes:
> DEBUG:  inserting column 7 value '0'
> DEBUG:  Typ != NULL
> ERROR:  Bad float4 input format -- underflow

Hm.  This is evidently failing this test:

static void
CheckFloat4Val(double val)
{
    if (fabs(val) > FLOAT4_MAX)
        elog(ERROR, "Bad float4 input format -- overflow");
    if (val != 0.0 && fabs(val) < FLOAT4_MIN)
        elog(ERROR, "Bad float4 input format -- underflow");
}

which is a tad surprising for an input of '0'.  I think perhaps you
have a compiler bug there.  Want to put a breakpoint at CheckFloat4Val
and see what's being passed in?

> I'm using Debian GNU-Linux for PPC on an iMac. 7.2 builds and
> initdb's ok.

FWIW, I've built recent sources on a PowerBook without problems,
under both LinuxPPC and OS X.

            regards, tom lane