Re: printing raw parse tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: printing raw parse tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> writes:
> Another issue is, some node types are not supported in outfuncs.c.
> WARNING:  could not dump unrecognized node type: 911

Yeah.  I think there's an unofficial policy for post-analysis parse
trees that we don't bother writing outfuncs for utility-statement
nodes (there are too many of 'em and they're not interesting enough)
but anything that can appear in or under DML commands should be
dumpable.  I'd favor the equivalent rule for raw parse trees --- if
we're missing anything DML-ish let's add it.