Re: printing raw parse tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: printing raw parse tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Isn't the post-parse-analysis tree far more interesting?  There's
> already debug support for printing that.

It's interesting too. But I think compraring raw parse tree and
post-parse-analysis tree is sometimes usefull to understand the source
code.

> Of course, you can call pprint() from anyplace using gdb, so for
> occasional debugging needs I think no special code support is
> needed.  I think what you are proposing is something equivalent to
> the debug_print_parse GUC, and I'm not sure it's worth that.
> regards, tom lane

Yes, that's what I mean. However if I'm the only one who is
interesting in the raw parse tree, I can live with gdb/pprint().

Another issue is, some node types are not supported in outfuncs.c.

WARNING:  could not dump unrecognized node type: 911

I could post patches for this if there's enough interest.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan