Re: Bogus sizing parameters in some AllocSetContextCreate calls - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bogus sizing parameters in some AllocSetContextCreate calls
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2016-08-27 14:08:44 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Barring objection, I propose to make these changes in HEAD and 9.6.

> I think we might also / instead want to think about replacing a lot of
> those AllocSetContextCreate with a wrapper function. Currently is really
> rather annoying to experiment with switching the default allocator
> out. And if we're touching all that code anyway ...

I do not see why you'd think that "switching the default allocator out"
requires anything except making AllocSetContextCreate do something else.

What is actually of interest, IMO, is making *some* contexts have a
different allocator, and that is going to require case-by-case decisions
anyway.  A blanket switch seems completely useless to me.