Re: BUG #17179: EOF detected - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17179: EOF detected
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Query running for more than 30 minutes are disconnected
> SELECT pg_sleep(1820)
> SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

Ideally, you'd fix your broken network infrastructure.  However,
if you can't ...

> Increased timeouts tcp_user_timeout, tcp_keepalives_interval didn't help.

... that's exactly backwards about how to work around it.  You need
to *reduce* the interval at which keepalives are sent.  Try setting
tcp_keepalives_idle to 10min or so.  (At least on my Linux box,
it seems to default to 7200s = 2 hours, so that it's no surprise that a
router that drops connections after 30 minutes would cause problems.)

            regards, tom lane