Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alex Hunsaker <badalex@gmail.com> writes:
> Either way, I don't have strong feelings on this other than if we dont
> fix it now when will we?

Well, we won't.  If 9.0 ships with both forms of string_agg, we're stuck
with it IMO.  It's not exactly a bug, so I won't cry if that's how
things go; but it is striking that already two different people have
gotten confused enough to file bug reports because of this.  If we don't
pull the one-argument form then I think we can look forward to many more
of those in future years.