Re: array_reverse() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: array_reverse()
Date
List pgsql-general
Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 09:20:38AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> What would it mean for a multi-dimensional array?

> Rotating the array by 180 degrees in every dimension would give the same
> answer for 1-dimensional arrays and give sensible answers for higher
> dimensional arrays.

The easy implementation at the C level would be to reverse the storage
order of the elements (and then do something-or-other with the dimension
info, in case the array isn't square).  Your diagram suggests that this
might be the same thing as what you suggest, but I can't work it out for
lack of caffeine.

            regards, tom lane