Re: pk vs unique not null differences between 8.3.4 and 8.3.8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Re: pk vs unique not null differences between 8.3.4 and 8.3.8
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 09:53:06 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> writes:
> > This statement succede in 8.3.8
> > alter table shop_commerce_gift drop constraint
> > shop_commerce_gift_pkey;
> > but failed in 8.3.4.
>
> Uh, that doesn't seem to match the name of the index?

Yep... that was my surprise.

I don't have a time machine to be absolutely sure about what I did
but I should have created a pk on both machines with a
create table shop_commerce_gift(
  giftcode varchar primary key
);

but in the newer pg I actually find the pk constraint... in the
older I find a not null + an unique index with a different name from
the pk name of the former.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it