Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump
Date
Re: Using ALTER TABLESPACE in pg_dump  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Time is at a serious premium for me at the moment (I have several projects
> all due about now); but I wrote a patch for this a few weeks back, so it
> should not be a lot of work (unless pg_dump has changed in the last couple
> of months).

If you have a preliminary patch, you could pass it along and I'll finish
it up.

> Excellent. I assume that anything that can have a tablespace (database,
> schema(?), table and index -- anything else?) should emit a 'set
> default_tablespace="ts"' before creation (and that this will affect
> auto-created indexes as appropriate, whatever that means).

default_tablespace will affect both tables and auto-created indexes.
But I was under the impression that pg_dump deliberately avoids
auto-creation of indexes... isn't each one split out as an ADD
CONSTRAINT operation?

Schemas don't have tablespaces anymore.