Re: Building on S390 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Building on S390
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:27:45AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Furthermore, if we change that convention now, we're going to increase
>> the risk of such mixing failures for other people.

> Sure, but if this a bug we should. I'm not saying it is, I simply don't know.

Well, *if* it's a bug in core PG then we should do something about it,
but at the moment there's no evidence of that.  What seems the most
likely theory here is that the Debian maintainer has broken their package
with an ill-considered patch.  We can't take responsibility for other
people's hacks.