Re: What is the simpliest text search configuration? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What is the simpliest text search configuration?
Date
List pgsql-general
=?UTF-8?B?SsOpcsO0bWUgRXTDqXbDqQ==?= <jerome.eteve@gmail.com> writes:
>  I'd like to implement a full text search with postgresql, and I can't find
> a text search configuration that would just:

> map unicode accentuated letters to an un-accentuated equivalent
> tokenize the words (and skip any non word characters)
> no stopwords
> lower case the tokens

> How can I achieve this? I'm particularly interested in deactivating
> the stopwords filtering.

> I tried pg_catalog.simple, but despite its name, it still considers stop words.

What's wrong with specifying an empty stopword list?

(To me, removing accents is already past what I'd expect of a "simple"
configuration, so I doubt you're going to find a dictionary that
provides exactly that set of features and no other ones.)

            regards, tom lane