Re: Comment on GatherPath.single_copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Comment on GatherPath.single_copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> -    bool        single_copy;    /* path must not be executed >1x */
> +    bool        single_copy;    /* path must not span on multiple processes */

I agree that the existing comment sucks, but this isn't a lot better
(and it will probably not look nice after pgindent gets done with it).
Possibly it's too complicated to jam a reasonable explanation into the
same-line comment, and what is needed is to expand the sentence about
it in the comment above the struct.

Robert, could you fix the documentation for that field so it's
intelligible?