Re: FATAL Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL Error
Date
List pgsql-general
Matt <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
> I'm getting the following error on PGSQL 8.0.8 server that I admin.  I
> don't think this is a hardware problem but I'm not sure.  Anyway in the
> logfile I'm constantly getting this:

> ERROR:  xlog flush request 2/13CEA8AC is not satisfied --- flushed only
> to 2/13634EE4
> CONTEXT:  writing block 3421 of relation 1663/9533957/9534098

This indicates that the LSN word of that block contains 2/13CEA8AC,
which is impossibly large if WAL currently extends only to 2/13634EE4.
Have you had any crashes or other odd behavior recently?
What files do you see in $PGDATA/pg_xlog/?  Can you grab a copy of
pg_filedump and look at what the block contains on-disk?

            regards, tom lane