Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Can you have the same tags across different modules in the same CVS
>> server?  If so, that would work.

> I believe that I can made a 'meta module' that, if I checked it out, would
> include all sub-modules, and that I can tag/branch appropriately ... if
> not, its just a matter of looping through each at the same time, a little
> more work, but not much more ...

Probably not worth the trouble compared to just putting them as
separate top-level directories in the checkout tree.  Our last
experiment with multiple modules didn't go very well.

One thought here --- would we also separate out the documentation for
them?  That would have some negative effects (make the documentation
less seamless) but I'm not sure we'd have any choice.