Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>> On Thu, 5 May 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> Can you have the same tags across different modules in the same CVS
>>> server?  If so, that would work.
>
>> I believe that I can made a 'meta module' that, if I checked it out, would
>> include all sub-modules, and that I can tag/branch appropriately ... if
>> not, its just a matter of looping through each at the same time, a little
>> more work, but not much more ...
>
> Probably not worth the trouble compared to just putting them as
> separate top-level directories in the checkout tree.  Our last
> experiment with multiple modules didn't go very well.

Actually, this is what I was planning ... each 'separate top-level
directories' is classified as a seperate module ... it is those 'separate
top-level directories' that I believe I can setup a "virtual meta module"
for for purposes of tagging/branching ... it wouldn't be something anyone
but I would ever look at ...

> One thought here --- would we also separate out the documentation for
> them?  That would have some negative effects (make the documentation
> less seamless) but I'm not sure we'd have any choice.

I'd *love* to see a centralized docs module created ...

----