Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 May 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Can you have the same tags across different modules in the same CVS
> server?  If so, that would work.

I believe that I can made a 'meta module' that, if I checked it out, would
include all sub-modules, and that I can tag/branch appropriately ... if
not, its just a matter of looping through each at the same time, a little
more work, but not much more ...

> If, as it currently appears, we'll end up moving in all of plphp,
> pljava, plr, then we might as well be consistent and offer all
> procedural languages, with the possible exception of plpgsql,
> exclusively as a separate tarball, to be released exactly when a server
> release is done.

I believe that that is what Tom is proposing, and that I'm
enthusiastically endorsing ..

----