Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> What do you mean "not very portable"? What could be problem there?

> I'm not sure.  My point is that it seems your parse.h requires
> TYPE_IS_DECLARED, but mine doesn't.  What else could be lurking in there
> that requires a specific fix?

The "portability" axis of concern here is portability across different
versions of bison.  ATM I believe we work with everything from 1.875 up,
and I'd be loath to give that up.

I concur with Alvaro that this feels like a kluge rather than a
permanent solution.

            regards, tom lane