Re: Strange Problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange Problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tim Sailer <tps@unslept.org> writes:
> On 02/11/2016 09:53 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "VACUUM VERBOSE <table>" would likely be informative.

> Ugh. I saw a slew of "suspending truncate due to conflicting lock
> request" scroll up the screen, along with lines like "truncated 4928 to
> 1376 pages" all the say down to "truncated 1376 to 0 pages".

> I'm guessing that my table is now empty for some reason. Sigh.

Well, it was logically empty before, now it's physically empty too.

So what this confirms is that there is *not* a question of uncommitted
transactions or anything like that.  At this point I'd be looking for
client-side problems in your data insertion procedures.

            regards, tom lane