Re: Allow tailoring of ICU locales with custom rules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Allow tailoring of ICU locales with custom rules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-03-03 at 13:45 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Ok, here is a version with an initdb option and also a createdb option
> (to expose the CREATE DATABASE option).
>
> You can mess with people by setting up your databases like this:
>
> initdb -D data --locale-provider=icu --icu-rules='&a < c < b < e < d'

Looks good.  I cannot get it to misbehave, "make check-world" is successful
(the regression tests misbehave in interesting ways when running
"make installcheck" on a cluster created with non-standard ICU rules, but
that can be expected).

I checked the documentation, tested "pg_dump" support, everything fine.

I'll mark it as "ready for committer".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe