Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> I think I have made some progress because PostgreSQL now compiles on
> MinGW.  It is just signals and fork/exec that are left.  We will have
> cases of fork/exec breaking in the future due to changes in the code,
> but I assume we will enough folks involved in the port at that point
> that we can get them fixed quickly.
>
> I think the marketing opportunity for Win32 is just too important.  I am
> no Win32 fan myself either, but we have to be on the platform to show
> folks how good we are.

Well after the pain I've just been thru getting cygwin postgres to work on
my machine I'm all in favour of Win32 version.  I'll help compile and test
and everything as well, so long as I don't have to buy MS Vis Studio.

(FreeBSD won't install on my new Serial ATA machine :( )

Chris