Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: What I would say if someone asked me about no
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jan is right that we need Win32 maintainers.  I want to set up a few
things to grow the group, just like Jan did when he added foreign keys:

    o mailing list
    o cvs branch
    o web page

I haven't done it yet, because I wanted to get into beta, and have
pgindent run, so any change to the branch will cleanly merge.  Now that
pgindent is done, I will start on that list shortly to grow a dedicated
group to get things moving.

I think I have made some progress because PostgreSQL now compiles on
MinGW.  It is just signals and fork/exec that are left.  We will have
cases of fork/exec breaking in the future due to changes in the code,
but I assume we will enough folks involved in the port at that point
that we can get them fixed quickly.

I think the marketing opportunity for Win32 is just too important.  I am
no Win32 fan myself either, but we have to be on the platform to show
folks how good we are.