Re: What happens at BIND time? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What happens at BIND time?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> So I'm looking for a cause for this.  One thing would help is a clearer
> understanding of what happens at BIND time for 3-phase queries.

Planning.

> Note that, in this workload, the user is re-parsing the queries
> over-and-over rather than using prepared plans properly.

Does the backend's memory usage climb, or hold steady?  If the former,
I'd bet on client failure to release resources, eg not closing the
portals when done with them.  A memory map from MemoryContextStats
would help determine exactly what's leaking.