Re: Build7.0.2 with perl Pg.pm fails - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Build7.0.2 with perl Pg.pm fails
Date
List pgsql-novice
danny@lennon.postino.com writes:
> I am trying to install Postgresql7.0.2 with perl support
> for Pg.pm . I ran configure --with-perl OK, but during the
> make it fails with:

> Pg.xs: In function `XS_Pg_PQprint':
> Pg.xs:584: `na' undeclared (first use in this function)

Odd.  These errors look like the known issues with Perl's
self-inflicted incompatibility introduced somewhere around
5.005.  Our experience so far is that configuring the perl5
interface like this:
        perl Makefile.PL POLLUTE=1
makes it work under both newer and not-so-new Perls.  7.0
and later should have the POLLUTE=1 hack built in (see
src/interfaces/Makefile).  Did you maybe have an obsolete
version of src/interfaces/perl5/Makefile hanging about?

            regards, tom lane