Re: Search machine is ready - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Search machine is ready
Date
List pgsql-www
> Unless we decide to move it to a different search platform, this machine
> should not change -- ever. Production machines don't change.

Hmm ... obviously Red Hat is a mirage, because their entire business
model is built on the fact that production machines *do* require
updates.  Especially ones that provide services to the net, and
therefore can't be completely hidden behind a firewall.

Somebody's got to be responsible for updating the software on this
server, and being prepared to do so on short notice, and being prepared
to update any part of it from kernel on up.

            regards, tom lane