Re: Cache lookup error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cache lookup error
Date
List pgsql-general
> Gunnar Sønsteby wrote:
>> 2009-11-12 06:11:51 CET INSERTERROR:  cache lookup failed for type 19218

> So - something is trying to access a slony type via its old OID rather
> than its new one (or something like that). Not sure what this would be,
> since the drop-schema + cascade should have removed anything that could
> do this.

> It's probably impossible to identify precisely what it was since it's
> not there any more.

Well, there's still a reference to it somewhere in the system catalogs,
and locating the reference would give you a pretty good clue what it
was --- not to mention being a prerequisite step for cleaning up.
I'd try searching pg_class.reltype and pg_proc.prorettype for starters.
If no luck there, go through all the columns that are cited as linking
to pg_type.oid in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/catalogs.html

            regards, tom lane